I'm running again for Seattle School District No. 1, Director District No. 1 position

 

                                                                

I have a long career in quality control, project management and auditing of financial data systems. I will bring a high level of process scrutiny and logical problem solving to help in the school board’s decision making process.  I will use these skills in working with other board members and district staff to root out waste or inefficiencies that exist in our school district management. 

This is my third campaign running for the Seattle school board and we all know it's difficult to get elected in Seattle unless you are seen as an activist. I'm not an activist just a Seattle Public Schools graduate and father of 3 Seattle Public School's students who wants to see some stability , logic and fiscal responsibility return to Seattle Public Schools management. I believe my experience can help this district by pushing the narrative around school safety, the budget shortfall, capacity planning and outsourcing departments but it won’t be just talk!

I'm pledging at a minimum to have open and honest bi-weekly community meetings and an open door policy for anyone who needs help.

Please vote for me.

 Michael Christophersen   

christophersen4schools@gmail.com

My campaign blog feel free to comment or criticize 

My other blog 

Seattle Times 2015  

From my 2015 campaign

Comments

  1. I want to thank everyone who has emailed me with their kind words of support. Thank you
    Michael Christophersen

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do I donate to your campaign?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not accepting contributions at this time.

      Michael Christophersen

      Delete
  3. Mike you seem like the only normal person running. I hope you make it into the next round. Btw why didn't you want to be interviewed by the times? I'm in Broadview and will spread the word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did agree to be interviewed but the ST canceled on me. You can see they are not 100% truthful. (I have the receipts) I also participated in the ST's endorsement meeting and was consistently cut off when speaking while on the other hand they let the others amble all and all. When I ran in 2019 they did several interview but never published a word. This years recommendation story just has a very small and highly inaccurate summation of what I said, it's quite insulting.

      --Michael Christophersen

      Delete
  4. There must be some kind of conspiracy going on with you. The stranger didn't even mention you which seems unethical. Don't worry I think your voters pamphlet statement is the best and I can see by your blog post that you are the real thing. You got my vote I'm Alex in greenwood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL that's funny. I tried to attend the Stranger's interview and even had a robust email exchange with a staffer. The problem in going was the access to the building. Let leave it at that. I've been running that blog since 2014 . I take breaks now and then. Check out my post birth of the the blog its really funny. Thanks for your vote.

      Michael Christophersen

      Delete
  5. Pinehurst here checking in. You have my vote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear.

      Michael Christophersen

      Delete
  6. Sir you seem very level headed and it looks to me like you've been digging into the Seattle School District administration problems for a long time. I looked at your blog and the box of shame story at first seemed unbelievable but you do show the evidence and also it shows that you follow through on reported problems. Keep up the good work! I hope you make it to the general election so I can vote for you. I'm in District 3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey where did you go to High school?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went to Ingraham High school and so did my 3 kids.

    Michael Christophersen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the fact that you don't use any identity politics here in 2023. I really appreciate your attention in the past to special education and the districts finances and how those two intersect.

    I really hope you win.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment